If you don’t have a lot of money to spend on Christmas gifts this year, don’t worry. The best gifts aren’t always the most expensive ones, and coming up with an awesome frugal gift is easier than you think. Here’s a simple recipe for what I like to call, “The Best Frugal Christmas Gift Ever.”
- 1 tsp edibility
- 2 tbsp deliciousness
- 1 dash tender lovin’ care (optional)
- Preheat mind to think of something that is both edible and delicious.
- In a medium bowl, stir together edibility and deliciousness. Add dash of tender lovin’ care if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove and place on wire racks to cool.
- Wrap in festive packaging and give to friends and family.
If you follow the recipe carefully, you should end up with something like this. (Results vary depending on how much tender lovin’ care you put into it.)
Photo by EverySpoon
That’s right. Giving the best frugal Christmas gift ever is as simple as baking cookies that are edible and delicious. Everybody (girls, guys, grandparents, grandkids, annoying aunts, creepy uncles, etc.) loves cookies. And they’re cheap to make.
Also, if you can’t bake, please don’t try. No matter how much tender lovin’ care you add to the recipe, it’ll be easier on you and your loved ones’ taste buds to just buy something edible and delicious. It’s hard to go wrong with a tub of Garrett’s Popcorn. However, it is definitely still possible to go wrong…
Photo by turtlemom4bacon
This article is part of the College Money Network’s Frugal Holiday Ideas series. For more great frugal holiday ideas, check out these other articles.
- Expertise: The Gift College Students Can Afford
- Holiday Gifts: Thoughtful is > Expensive
- Frugal Gift Ideas
- DIY Gifting: Public Domain Art