Broke Grad Student makes it into the news every once in awhile. Here’s a roundup of where Broke Grad Student has been mentioned in the media.
MSN Money and MSN Smart Spending
MSN Smart Spending combines the best money-saving tips from MSN Money and the rest of the Web. Broke Grad Student has been featured in Smart Spending and has had two stories promoted to the front page of MSN Money — 6 reasons why this particular broke grad student hates cash and 6 reasons why I love cash.
MSN Money | July, 19 2008 | 6 reasons why this particular broke grad student hates cash by Karen Datko
MSN Money | August, 18 2008 | 6 reasons why I love cash by Donna Freedman
- MSN Smart Spending | April 17, 2009 | Who should pay on the first date? by Karen Datko
- MSN Smart Spending | February 10, 2009 | Lots of vacancies in your area? Ask for lower rent by Karen Datko
- MSN Smart Spending | October 21, 2008 | Readers disclose their darkest financial secrets by Karen Datko
- MSN Smart Spending | August 07, 2008 | 50-plus vetted resources and tips for college students by Karen Datko
- MSN Smart Spending | November, 20 2007 | Tips (and much more) from a broke grad student by Karen Datko
WalletPop is the Web’s first full-fledged personal finance and consumer finance site where you can learn about your money, ask and answer questions, and read opinions from the blog.
WalletPop | November 12, 2008 | Weird scholarships: Height, name and duct tape by Josh Smith
WSJ: The Wallet
The Wallet is a Wall Street Journal blog that covers the latest personal finance and investing news and trends, helping readers make sensible money decisions in a complex financial world. My laptop giveaway contest where I asked readers to submit their deepest, darkest financial secrets Post Secret-style was highlighted in a roundup post.
The Wallet | October 14, 2008 | Loose Change: 10/14/08 by Mary Pilon
Switched | August 19, 2008 | 12 Legal Sites That Could Save Your College Career by Dan Reilly
Brazen Careerist is an online community and career center for Generation Y — young professionals who want to define their careers using the new rules for success. I’m proud to be a regularly featured blogger at Brazen Careerist.
- Brazen Careerist | May 4, 2009 | Why Do People Fall Into Credit Card Debt?
- Brazen Careerist | April 24, 2009 | Why Do People Still Have Landlines?
- Brazen Careerist | April 6, 2009 | Do You Drive To Find Cheaper Gas?
- Brazen Careerist | March 24, 2009 | Who Should Pay For A Date?
- Brazen Careerist | March 20, 2009 | How Has The Global Financial Crisis Affected You?
- Brazen Careerist | March 11, 2009 | 5 Stupid Ways We Waste Money
- Brazen Careerist | February 18, 2009 | 5 Perks Students Don’t Take Advantage Of In College
- Brazen Careerist | February 12, 2009 | 5 Things To Do Before Moving Into A New Apartment
- Brazen Careerist | January 27, 2009 | How I Successfully Negotiated Lower Rent
- Brazen Careerist | December 19, 2008 | 5 Reasons Why Friends Make Horrible Roommates