Welcome to the French Open Edition of the Money Hacks Carnival. With over 60 articles submitted to the opening round of this week’s carnival, only 4 articles have made it to the semifinals, where they are highlighted as Editor’s Picks.
Photo by Passion Leica
- J. Savings at Budgets are Sexy lists 10 Reasons to be “cool” and make your own cards instead buying Hallmark cards. I’ve always made my own cards, and people have always thought they were cool (no quotes needed).
- Mike at Living the Cheap Life says don’t buy things made out of potatoes – just buy potatoes! Did you know that homemade fries are cheaper, healthier, and can even taste better (depending on your cooking skills)?
- Bryce at Save and Conquer says don’t keep secrets when it comes to finances. It’s no secret anymore that good communication is vital in succesfully handling finances within a marriage.
- paidtwice lists 10 Easy Ways To Stay In Debt at I’ve Paid For This Twice Already…. So easy. So hard to resist.
- Jonathan at Master Your Card talks about Creating a Financial Emergency Plan.
- John Crickett explains why you should Ask For A Discount at Find Financial Freedom.
- Momma discusses Cutting Food Costs – 3 Ways to Save on Dinner at Tales from the road less traveled.
- Shawna says I am a phantom power ninja at Bumblefucked. Translation: click to find out how to save money on electricity.
- jim explains why Shrinking Products Mean Inaccurate Unit Prices at Blueprint for Financial Prosperity.
- David B. Bohl presents How To Become Wealthy by Living Within Your Means at Slow Down Fast Today!.
- Aryn talks about How to Rescue Old Fruit at Sound Money Matters. Read this before throwing out those bananas.
- Bill D explores How Much Is A Dollar Worth? How About $53.70 at The Wealth Hunter. I like his math.
- Todd shares an interesting Savings Rates Discussion at HarvestingDollars
Photo by bg_os
- nickel provides a summary of The Best Online Savings Bank Accounts at fivecentnickel.com
- PT shows how to Find The Cheapest Gas In Your Zip Code at Prime Time Money.
- Madison lists some Free Magazines: Finance, Business, and More! at My Dollar Plan
- Dollar Frugal presents “My Dad is Rich” at Dollar Frugal.
- David Carter celebrates Bring Your Lunch to Work Day every day at David Makes Cents.com.
- Amy @ The Q Family shares a list of 13 Fun (Free) Things to Do This Summer at The Q Family Adventure.
- Save Money presents Changing How I Save Money in My ING Accounts at How I Save Money.net.
- Nine Circles talks about Couponing in the 21st Century at Nine Circles of Debt.
- Amy explains When Professionals are the Frugal Choice at My Daily Dollars.
- RC shares My Frugal Phone Fix- Repairing a Motorola Razr Cell Phone at Think Your Way to Wealth.
- Dorian Wales presents tips on how to Become an Invaluable Employee by Adopting a Solution Oriented Mind Set at The Personal Financier.
- Money King explains why The TV Is Ruining Your Business at The Money Kings.
- Ryan Taylor lists 12 Part-Time, Work from Home Jobs at Millionaire Money Habits.
Photo by y.caradec
- Tradingsphere presents Why I’m Shorting Microsoft (MSFT) at Free Stock Tips.
- Many people make bad investment decisions because they let their emotions take control of them. Mike C shows how to Avoid Making This Key Investment Mistake at Stock Investment Tips.
- Lauren Rose presents the Complete Guide to Online Forex Trading Systems – Part 1 at Stock Markets Investment.
- Walter W. Fouse examines Vanguard Index Mutual Funds Versus Vanguard Managed Funds at Best No Load Funds.
- Dividends4Life discusses Home Depot Makes It Seven In a Row at Dividends4Life.
- Jed Norwood shares a Discussion on Base and Cross Currency Pairs at Forex Trading Systems.
- retirehappy presents Rebalance Your Portfolio For Greater Gains posted at My Retirement Blog.
- Lisa Spinelli examines Target-Date Retirement Funds – Driving Into Retirement on Cruise Control posted at Greener Pastures.
- FIRE Finance shares Three Good Habits of Successful Retirees at FIRE Finance.
- Passive Income Investor explains How To Invest In Foreign Currencies & Foreign Stocks at LIVING OFF DIVIDENDS & PASSIVE INCOME.
Debt and Credit
- DMH explains why you should Use Credit Card Price Protection Programs at Daily Money Hack.
- Mike Leonard talks about Debt and Lottery tickets – Is this the answer? at Until Debt Do Us Part.
- FFB asks Do You Love Your Job? A Credit Card Evaluation at Free From Broke.
- CreditAddict presents Three Blink Transactions Completed at Credit Card Addict.
- Michael presents Bankruptcy Untouchables: Debts That Remain After a Chapter 7 at Small Business Blog.
- Cash Money Life shares How to Improve Your Credit Score at Cash Money Life.
Photo by Nawal_
- Joshua Seth shares some great advice on What To Do With Your Tax Rebate Check at Joshua Seth Blog.
- AndyS evaluates the US dollar outlook 2008, 2009 and beyond at $aving to Invest.
- Heather Johnson presents Haven’t Received Your Stimulus Check? at Tax Daddy.
- Silicon Valley Blogger shares Survive A Recession, Think Long Term at The Digerati Life.
- Rajbir Dhaliwal provides insight on Money That You Didn’t Know You Had at Widster.
- Madeleine Begun Kane presents Threefer Haiku at Mad Kane’s Humor Blog.
- Mark Montgomery shares School’s Out! Top 10 Summertime Tips for College Admission at Great College Advice.
- FMF provides a grest list of Five New Rules for Home Buyers at Free Money Finance.
- Mag Herrera talks about The Quest for Making Money Online at Life, Money & Development
- Foxie presents Finding Inspiration and Motivation for Goals posted at Dreaming of Ferraris.
- MBB presents a detailed roundup of Paid Online Surveys at Money Blue Book.
- The Happy Rock announces The Happy Rock Is Looking To Expand And Bring On Another Writer at The Happy Rock.
- BeThisWay presents Security Alert: Lock Bumping at Are You Going To Be This Way The Rest of The Time I Know You?.
- Joe Manausa explains How To Analyze Real Estate – The Real Estate Stack at Tallahassee Real Estate Blog.
That’s it for this edition of the Money Hacks Carnival. Visit the carnival home page to find out more information.