Welcome to the 193rd edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance. I, Broke Grad
Student, am your host. If you’re new to Broke Grad Student, please take a look around and consider subscribing to my RSS feed or following me on Twitter.
With the Oscars given out last night, the Academy Awards would have been an obvious choice for this week’s theme, but I didn’t watch them. Why watch it live when you can go online later and just watch the good parts? Instead, I’ve decided to share some of the most entertaining videos I’ve found on YouTube, so I hope you enjoy the following Oscar-worthy YouTube videos.
- Funny about Money presents Job Happiness: The Oxymoron of the Century. Are jobs supposed to make us happy?
- Pimp Your Finances presents What Would Bilbo Do? 14 money lessons from The Hobbit. This article is proof that you can find inspiration anywhere if you look hard enough.
- M is for Money presents Adjust your Tax Withholding. If you’re getting a large tax refund or owe a lot to Uncle Sam, this article is for you. Find out how to adjust your tax withholding to reduce your chances of it happening again.
- The Strump Financial Blog presents Millionaire Bag Lady. Never judge a book by its cover or a person by their bag.
- Good Financial Cents presents 6 Reasons Why High School Students Think They Should Invest. Did you ever think about investing in high school? Find out why high school students today think they should invest.
- Your Money Relationship presents How Long to Keep Those Pesky Tax Documents.
- Fine Tuned Finances presents Get an $8,000 Tax Credit for Buying Your First Home in 2009.
- Beyond Paycheck to Paycheck answers some FAQs about the First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit – 2009 Version.
- Free Money Finance presents My Thoughts on the Economic Stimulus.
- Money Under 30 presents The Stimulus: What It Means for You.
- DebtKid.com presents Finally Got An Accountant, Should Have Done This a Year Ago.
- The Digerati Life presents Taking Income Tax Deductions? Track Tax Receipts When You Itemize.
- Are You Going To Be This Way the Rest of the Time I Know You? presents The Accountant’s Daughter on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- My Dollar Plan presents The Ultimate Tax Resource Guide.
Saving and Frugality
- Suburban Dollar presents Comparing High Yield Interest Rates.
- Walletpop.com presents Frenzy for cheap stuff is the iconic image of this recession.
- Uncommon Cents presents Cutting Back Can Make Changes to Your Health.
- Pecuniarities presents Free e-Book, Audiobook, Video & Music Download and Online Resources From Your Local Library.
- Bad Money Advice presents IRAs: Roth and the Other Kind.
- Single Guy Money presents Quitting Smoking – One Month Later.
- Secrets For Money presents Best Tips For Taking A Fun And Frugal Staycation.
- Stumble Forward presents Using A Niche Marketing Strategy To Pay Off Your Debt.
- Modern Gal presents Jumpstart Your Career in a Recession.
- Darwin’s Finance presents Layoffs: You May Be Next – Tips to Avoid, Prepare and React.
- The Smarter Wallet presents Job Hunting Tips: How To Deal With Losing Your Job.
- Money Smart Life presents Job Searching – Find A Job By Building Your Personal Brand.
- Smart Easy Money presents Taking the Week Off (Mostly) from Job Searching.
- Dawn’s Evolution presents The rude awakening.
- LivingAlmostLarge presents Salary Cap?.
- Sound Money Matters presents That Makes Me Stabby: The 2009 Housing Rescue Plan.
- American Consumer News presents The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- Harvesting Dollars presents Does the Future Hold Inflation or Deflation?.
- Amateur Asset Allocator presents Immigration Causes Unemployment And Other Economic Fallacies.
- The Red Stapler Chronicles presents Do you speak recession?
- Intelligent Speculator presents US..think your economy is sick? Look at Japan to see how bad it could be.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary presents Facts about Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
- The Paycheck Chronicles presents Lessons from a Non-Paying Tenant.
Budgeting and Money Management
- My Two Dollars presents Don’t Bury Your Financial Head In The Sand..
- Personal Finance Blog by MoneyNing presents How I Look at My Money in Big Picture Fashion.
- Christian Financial Help presents Cost of living comparison by city.
- Moneymonk presents Thoughts of the Middle Class and Rich.
- Debt Free Destiny presents Understanding Wage Garnishments.
- Free From Broke presents Excuse Busters For Not Having A Budget.
- Destroy Debt presents Grocery Shopping: Before and After.
- Green Panda Treehouse presents Automate Your Finances.
- Matt from One Million and Beyond presents Lowering Expenses by Keeping Receipts.
- My Findependence Day presents 11 Money Saving Renovation Tips.
- Our Financial Planner presents The Power of Compound Interest.
- InsureBlog presents Asking the Wrong Questions.
- Savvy Frugality presents When to Cut Your Losses.
- Early Retirement the Middle Way presents Magic Numbers.
Credit and Debt
- Ready To Be Rich presents Should You Save Money If You Have Debts?
- Discover Debt Freedom presents Can a Debt Settlement Company Review Help Me Choose the Right Company?
- Sam Carterson from Personal Finance presents Clean Up Your Credit Score.
- Bargaineering presents How Accurate Are Credit Estimators?.
- The Happy Rock presents Removing Finance Charges From My Chase Freedom Credit Card.
- The Dough Roller presents 12 Month Balance Transfer Offer with No Balance Transfer Fee.
- Personal Finance Reviews presents Chase Adds Fees To Low Interest Rate Credit Cards: No More 0% Balance Transfer From Chase?.
- Stock Trading To Go presents Obama Stimulus Package Complete Breakdown
- Investing School presents The Present and Future Value of Money.
- ABCs of Investing presents Roth IRA Investment Account Basics.
- Dividends Value presents Ten Dividend Stocks With 50+ Years of Consecutive Increases.
- The Coin Jar presents What’s a wise mix of stocks and bonds? It’s no secret.
- Financial Highway presents Tax Free Savings Account-Ideas and Strategies.
- FIRE Finance presents What Should We Do If Our Mutual Fund Goes Belly Up?.
- The Financial Blogger presents The Perfect Timing For Leveraging The Market.
- Personal Finance Start-Up Blog presents 11 Reasons to be Lazy and Average When Investing.
- Counting My Pennies presents Looking at the Big Picture.
- Personal Finance Software Reviews presents Quicken Online Review .
- Budgets are Sexy presents I’m not feelin’ the love from Upromise – How about you?.
- Consumer Boomer presents Identity Theft – Capital One saved Me!.
- Chief Family Officer presents Review: ING Direct.
- Wide Open Wallet presents Help your schools without spending an extra dime.
- StretchyDollar.com presents Financial Advice – How Much is it Worth?.
- Finance for Physicians presents Life Insurance Information for Residents.
- PennyJobs.com presents Personal Finance Is About the Big Picture.
- Greener Pastures presents Are You a Multitasking Maniac? Is That a Good Thing or a Bad Thing?.